Friday, August 7, 2009

Kernel Panic

Well, something horrible has happened to my computer and I'm forced to use Greg's lame-ass PC. Two days ago, I was on facebook, minding my own business. Then, out of nowhere, the screen got dark and this message pops up saying "You need to restart your computer!!" So, I turned it off and now, IF it turns back on, the same message pops up so I can't do anything! I looked it up and the message is called "Kernel Panic." From what I've read, it doesn't seem like my computer is dead forever, I just have to figure out how to get the message to go away. I think I might have to take a trip to the Apple store. Bummer.

Today I have an interview at "York's Wild Animal Kingdom." I've never been there, but I hear it's a zoo of sorts in York, Maine. Should they offer me a position, I don't think I will take it because it will only be until October 1, they pay $8.00/hour and I think it's about 1.5 hours away. The only reason I'm going on the interview is to 1. make sure I'm not missing out on my dream job, and 2. hopefully they will bring me on a tour to see some cute animals.

Yesterday I had a phone interview with a company called Mascoma, located in Lebanon, NH. First of all, let me just say that I have applied to about 50 million positions through Monster.com, and a lot of them have been located in Lebanon, NH. I've gotten a few emails from these jobs, asking me to look at their website and fill out their online applications, which I do. So anyway, a girl called me from Mascoma and asked if I had seen her website, and if I had a good understanding of what the company was about. I was pretty positive I had, so I went on about how they do a lot of protein research and cultivate yeast, blah blah blah. The girl was like "Um...kind of. We are a company that makes biofuel." So, I was pretty much completely wrong and felt like a total loser. This sucks because I would LOVE to work for a company that makes biofuel!! I think that would be so neat! But anyway, she said they won't be setting up interviews for another two weeks, so now I get to think about how I made a fool out of myself and will lose my dream job because of it. Interviews are pretty much the worst things ever.

That is where my life is at right now. My dad and Luke are coming up on the 15th and will be here for a week, I think. That should be some good times. I wish you fools would update your blogs for once in my life. I feel like I don't even know you anymore!! Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment